Tuesday, July 21, 2009

These eyes...


These eyes are kind....
These eyes are curious...
These eyes are smart beyond their years....
THESE EYES ARE MINE

Savannah, oh Savannah...where to begin. This soul is in the world for a BIG purpose, one that will become apparent to her in the coming years. Of course my hopes for her consist of passing out shoes to the homeless, or showing compassion to the common man, but who am I to make wishes? This little lady is so magnetic in everything she does, whether it be to pout, to love, to recognize, or to argue....that all that are around her pay attention. She doesn't demand attention, but earns it. She is more intuitive than I would ever guess a child of ten to be, and while I am proud of that, I hope that I can help her hone it as well.

The nervousness that surrounds me regarding my beautiful daughter is immense. She does not show any signs of becoming wayward, but I know what this world will do to an adventurous and strong soul. As of now she is the gestapo, the supervisor and the matriarch, and has been lovingly referred to by even the common passerbyer. She is business savy and keeps up on all things that should be in check. But what will happen when the bad souls expose their selves in middle and high school? Will she hold her ground like a mighty oak, or cave like an aged mine? All of these things occupy my head...but only one thing is certain...I was blessed by God to guide her, and her journey will be colorful because she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment