Saturday, November 14, 2009

OH WHAT A FEELING...

Clearly by this picture (I had politley asked Brock to SMILE for the camera), Brock is quite a jokester and can go from serious to funny on a whim. So 7:30 on Friday morning it was my first Parent-Teacher confernce on his behalf at the Montessori School. I was prepared for anything, while of course hoping for only the best remarks regarding my darling little boy. I walked in at 7:30 sharp and Mrs. Dottie Dallmeyer (who I used to serve on the HP Commission with) was gingerly triming their herb garden by a sunny window. We casually chatted a bit about the neighborhood since being on the Commission you MUST have a love for historic houses, and then it was down to business. I already knew they had moved Brock up a class because they believed him to be more advanced, but I wasn't quite sure what else these wise ladies had observed in my son. She opens her little folder and the compliments began to pour. She informed me that Brock was an agreeable and even tempered child who was VERY well liked not only by his peers but by all the staff. That he was respectful, courteous, and a great listener. He had an impressive memory and worked as well alone as he does with others. She told me that he picks up on new concepts easily and is basically all around just a pleasure to have in class....ummm YES! YES! YES!!! A GREAT begining to such a long road of what I hope to be success for him. Brock is very talented in his motor skills, has a very funny wit about him, but to be good in school too, can I really be so lucky? I am with Savannah but I had prepared myself for possibly more of a challenge with Brock in that area, you know because of his likeness to Huck Finn and all. But my fears have been put to rest for now, and I will cruise along with him on his journey of knowlege and hope that his brain and behavior continues to match his oh so cute little outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment