Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'VE GOT MY NEW SHOES ON AND SUDDENLY EVERYTHINGS RIGHT

Yesterday evening I took the kids to Old Navy and Barnes and Noble for a few items. At Old Navy brock spotted a pair of camo shoes he just had to have. Since he is low on "cool" shoes I buckled and bought them for him. When we got home he immediately went to the bag, pulled out the shoes and brought them to me to unleash, aswell as already getting the scissors from the drawer without me asking. After I "unleashed" them he was ready to try them out...and try them out he did. When it was time for bed I got him in his jammies but he insisted on wearing his shoes to sleep. Since I am not anal in very many ways this did not bother me in the least. It started to bother me though, when at about 3 a.m. he woke me up because one of his shoes had fallen of of his foot. He said "mama, my shoe came off, please help me find it!" So I scrambled around blindly until I finally touched upon what must be the shoe, luckily enough it was. Back on his foot it went. At about 7 a.m. ( I prefer to wake at 7:30 if possible) he is breathing in my face saying "mama, can you help me get dressed? Its time to go to school with my new shoes!" So cute!

The day before I went to his school because he got a scratch on his head and they wanted me to see it. After I got the bandaid on the wound he walked me outside to show me his play area. Immediatley a gang of boys came up to ask Brock who was with him. He says "this is my mom." The boys begin to try and hug him and tell me that he is their best buddy! Brock seemed put off by the attention and was less than appriciative of the hugs. When I left I peeked out the door to see him playing by himself, and the boys trying to get him to join in. He must have other things in mind that can only be accomplished by himself. Then when I picked him up last night and asked him how school was he said, "I don't like it when those boys hug me. " lol

I will post a picture of him with his shoes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment