Sunday, August 2, 2009

WEEKEND RECAP


One of our favorite things to eat in the house as a snack are pitted cherries. They are sooo yummy and are a hit all around. The above pictures show what can become of a clean face after just a few of these special berries.













Friday night a couple of my friends came over to just hang out. My friend Lindsey brought her daughter Ashton who is in Savannah's grade. Both of these girls are super funny and creative and always have a good time. Savannah loves wigs, and here are some pictures of two of her wigs that were tried on by all. The purple one I bought at a vintage shop in KC on my 21st birthday. I also got an awesome pair of vintage roller skates that I loved, but have since been out of service.



Sunday we headed to the lake again...and of course took the tube out...again. This was Brock's first time and he had so much fun. He is quite the dare devil for his age, and I have yet to find anything he is not willing to try.



I guess he had an even better time then I thought, because he promptly passed out on the boat.








Before we headed home we went to the strip where we got lots of tickets in the arcade, did bumber boats and the batting cage.
Some funny points from the weekend:
Brock not wanting to put his pants on because "he wanted to make the girls laugh at his pee-pee" OMG! He hid under a table until my little sister and her friends came by, then jumped out and proceeded to chase them around. My mom took his precious blankies and wouldn't give them back until he put some pants on, so he finally had enough of his mad game.
Savannah winning tons of tickets and spending them on her brother.
Brock and Savannah taking a cute walk to the waters edge to try and capture a water turtle.
Me thinking we better stick around the lake until at least 6 because Brock was sure to go to sleep on the way home and stay that way the rest of the night. Stuck around till' 6, but Brock didn't end up going to sleep until 10:30!!
Have I mentioned that I ADORE MY KIDS?!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment